Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project Home
Asahel Curtis - Photographs
The Asahel Curtis collection at the WSHS Research Center contains only a few photographs of skiers. The following are noteworthy:
- 36607: "Mr. Martin on skis." A man holding a single pole at Paradise (negative, dated 6-18-17).
- 40132: A young women on skis wearing a hat, a competitor's bib (#4), and holding a single pole, in 1917 (fine). I believe this is Olga Bolstad, winner of the first ski championship held by the Northwest Ski Club at Paradise in July 1917. With permission of the Research Center staff, I wrote this identification on the card in their catalogue.
- 40145: Two men on skis and one on foot (holding a camera) at Paradise, 1917. Each man holds a single thick bamboo pole.
- 46319: Three snowshoers and one skier climb on foot above Nisqually Glacier with Mt Rainier above (fine). The catalogue card identifies this as a S.O.Y.P. outing, 2-10-24.
- 48301: Skier with a single pole next to a cabin and trees at Mt Baker ski area in spring (5-24-25, not a great photo).
- 48307: Skier with a single pole near Artist Point in spring with Mt Baker in the distance (5-24-25).
Return to the Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project home page