Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project Home
Ome Daiber - Photographs
During our meeting on 17 July 2001, Matie and Joanne Daiber showed me some photos of Ome. The following were noteworthy:
- Ome in a Penguin sleeping bag.
- A young Ome and another man standing in Penguin sleeping bags. (This photo was in a loose book of inventions and correspondence.)
- Ome in a one-man tent (sort of a bivi sack).
- Ome skiing in a race (faded). Another photo depicts Bradford Washburn skiing the same course.
- Ome climbing the edge of a pinnacle, possibly in the Cashmere Crags. The pinnacle is an impressive block tower with a bottle top.
- Ome, one of the Whittaker twins, and others huddling over a map indoors, apparently an MRC photo made to be released to the press.
- A young Ome Daiber standing in front of the Hike Shack wearing a full rucksack and holding the frame for another rucksack (fine).
- Ome and partner Ben Spellar behind the counter at the Boy Scout Trading Post, inside the shop. Matie said that Ome's equipment company was originally called Daiber and Spellar, Inc.
Return to the Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project home page