Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project Home
Mt Baker Club - Photographs
The following photos are in Volume 1 (1925-31) of the Mt Baker Club scrapbook.
- 1927: Old Mt Baker Lodge in winter, looking toward Mt Herman, surrounded by deep snow (p. 15).
- 1928: A building (perhaps the Heather Inn) buried by snow with two people outside and Mt Shuksan in the background (p. 43).
- 1930: Ski party (at least 16 people) in Heather Meadows. There are pictures of skiers falling and touring and a group photo (p. 58-59).
- 1931: Spring ski outing to Heather Meadows with scenes of touring and skiers posing for the camera. (p. 70-71).
- "Verona ski hut," a simple wood-frame cabin in a small clearing surrounded by trees (p. 72).
- 1931: On pages labeled "Scenes From the Ski Tournament" are the following:
- p. 73: Seven skiers in a chorus line lift their skis for the camera.
- p. 73: Six skiers climb toward the camera in an up-hill race.
- p. 73: Seven skiers descend a slope near Austin Pass with Table Mountain in the background (fine). The picture has good action and a festive look.
- p. 74: Six skiers tour toward the buried Mt Baker Lodge (fine). The view looks toward Table Mountain.
- p. 74: Five skiers tour in Heather Meadows with Mt Herman in the backgound.
- p. 75-77: Skiers lounging, straight-running, and returning to the lodge.
- There are a few more ski pictures on p. 81 (not interesting for this project).
Return to the Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project home page