Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project Home
Charles K. Moore - We Were Ski Soldiers of World War II
This thin volume contains poems by the author, most written for army newspapers in 1943 and 1944 during training at Camp Hale and Camp Swift. A few poems were written in Italy in 1945 and a few in the 1980s for 10th Mountain Division reunions.
- "3-Letter Men" Ski Troopers
- Mountain Bivouac at Pearl Creek
- "Skis in 'A' Frame!"
- "Separating 10th Men from Boys"
- Mountain Soldiers 20-Mile Ski March
- A 10th Trooper on Furlough from "Hale"
- 10th (Light) Division Invades Texas!
- A Ski Soldier in the Pits at Camp Swift
- Texas Tactics and Lonely Bus to "Swift"
- Soldiers in God's Wondrous "Water War"
- Soldier Summary of Self
- A GI's Christmas Letter from Camp Swift
- To a Troop Ship
- For Rena in Italy
- "Losses Were Light"
- "Remember the Mountain Fighters"
- Where Now the Vaunted "Master Race"?
- G.I. Joe, Home from the Po
- The Captains and the Troops Depart
- Flamboyant Banners of the 10th
- At the Monument
- The Cherry Blooms Again in Italy
- Soldiers and God's Time Clock
- To the Lady of Liberty
Return to the Alpenglow Ski Mountaineering History Project home page